Phase 4 Lake in the Hills Updates
All four regions of the state moved into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan on Friday, June 26th. Following the guidelines and mandates issued by the state for Phase 4, the Village will implement the following changes:
- Playgrounds have reopened. One exception is Edward William Hynes Park, which is scheduled to undergo a playground replacement beginning in July, so it will remain closed.
- Basketball courts and volleyball courts have reopened.
- Tennis courts are now open for doubles play. Tennis courts previously opened for singles play during Phase 3.
- Athletic organizations may begin holding games at Village fields in accordance with the Phase 4 guidelines. Social distancing and disinfecting of shared equipment are suggested.
- Facility rentals will resume beginning July 3rd. Rentals may be subject to capacity limitations based on the Phase 4 guidelines. Reservations will be taken beginning June 29th. Please note that the multipurpose room downstairs at Village Hall will not be available to rent during weekdays while the Village’s Funtasticamp program is in session. The room will only be available to rent on weekends.
- Beaches and the Sunset Park Splash Pad remain closed at this time. They are expected to open during Phase 4 after additional guidelines and results from pending inspections and tests are received.
- The Village Bark Park, trails, bike paths, parks, and open spaces remain available for outdoor activity.
The full Phase 4 guidelines are available here.
Other modifications remain in place. Remember, social distancing in Phase 4 is still the norm. The Village still requires the wearing of masks in its facilities and encourages residents to use the Village website to make payments, apply for permits, and conduct other business.
Regular updates on the Village’s actions taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are posted on lith.org/coronavirus and on social media.