Village Launches New Website
The Village of Lake in the Hills is excited to announce the launch of its newly enhanced website. The new site, which remains at available lith.org, went live on Thursday afternoon.
The Village worked with its contractor, Granicus, since last year to create a more modern site to replace its old one, which had been in place since 2013. The development process included using data, analytics, and survey responses from residents and key stakeholders to inform decisions. Users will find much of the same information, but organized more intuitively and with an improved site search. One example of improved navigation is the new "How Do I..." section of the main navigation, which organizes topics based on actions residents might take to access a service. All of the familiar, essential online services are available through the new site, including access to pay water bills, report ordinance violations, request documents, contact the Village and more.
The new website has also been created with a mobile-first approach to improve usability across devices. Lake in the Hills has seen about 60% of its users accessing the site from phones and tablets, which is slightly higher than most websites. Users will see a mobile-enhanced home page that looks and functions like an app but doesn't require the download of an additional application to be stored on their phone or device. Instead, users may bookmark to create a short cut to the app-like mobile website. Instructions to do so are available below.
How to Save lith.org to Your iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch:
- Launch the Safari browser on Apple’s iOS and navigate to the website or web page you want to add to your home screen.
- Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. It’s on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Tap the Add to Home Screen icon in the Share menu.
How to Save lith.org to Your Android Phone:
- Launch Chrome for Android and open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.