Located in Northern Illinois, about 45 miles northwest from Chicago, Lake in the Hills is a prime location for doing business in the Northwest Suburbs. Since 1953, the Village has transformed from a small farming and lakeside cottage community into a thriving residential and business-friendly area. Lake in the Hills is home to more than 400 brick-and-mortar and home-based businesses.
New and Incoming Businesses
Whether you’re starting a new business or relocating to the Village of Lake in the Hills, contact the Community Development Division. The process for establishing a business in the Village depends on whether your business will be operated from your home or from a commercial location.
- Small Business Development Center - The Illinois SBDC at McHenry County College helps businesses start, grow, and expand.
- McHenry County Economic Development Corporation - The McHenry County EDC is a non-profit Public/Private business advocacy group comprised of business and industry investors from throughout the county.
- Algonquin/Lake in the Hills Chamber of Commerce - The Algonquin/LITH Chamber provides its members with unique networking, marketing, and continuing education opportunities, and also serves as a business partner and advocate.
- McHenry County Health Department
- Shah Center - Small Business Development
- McHenry County Convention and Visitors Bureau (MCCVB)
- Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity