Information pertaining to the registration requirements for solicitors as well as how residents can prevent solicitors from visiting their homes can be found below.
The Village of Lake in the Hills requires that you have a Village Solicitation Permit for door-to-door sales to residents. The following will help guide you through the permitting process:
- You must file with the Chief of Police a properly completed solicitation permit application which can be obtained using the link provided below.
- Complete details regarding the application requirements can be found in Chapter 35 of the Village’s Municipal Code, but include the provision of personally identifying information on the individual(s) and the business(s) intending to solicit as well as a description of the subject matter, purpose, and method of solicitation and the dates for which a permit is being sought.
- The Chief of Police will review the application along with supplemental materials and information and issue a permit approval or denial decision within thirty (30) days after receipt.
- Failure to obtain a permit can result in fines of up to $500.00 per occurrence.
- The Solicitor Permit application can be found at the link below.
If you have any questions, please contact the Police Department at 847-658-5676.
The Village of Lake in the Hills understands and appreciates residents’ preferences for privacy. Chapter 35 of the Municipal Code states that no person shall solicit at any premises that has posted on or near its principal entrance a sign bearing the works “no trespassing,” “no peddlers,” or “no solicitors”. You may obtain a “no solicitors” weatherproof card from the Police Department at no charge.