The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of Village streets, airport, water supply system, parkways, trees, signs, sidewalks, lakes, beaches, dams, parks, and fleet maintenance for all Village vehicles. It is divided into five divisions that specialize in each of these areas: Administration, Streets, Water, Public Properties, and Airport.
The mission of Lake in the Hills Public Works is to preserve and enhance the highest quality of life, public health, safety, and economic growth by providing services that are well planned, environmentally sensitive, and cost effective.
The Public Works Department will strive to make the Village of Lake in the Hills the community of choice for living and working in the Northwest Suburbs by:
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards
- Being open, accessible, and responsive
- Being good stewards of our natural and financial resources
- Empowering and supporting employees
- Striving for continuous improvement
- Working together as a team
- Being accountable for our actions
Public Works Awards
- In 2019, the Village received the Fox Valley Branch American Public Works Association Project of the Year Award for Innovation for the twenty year water main replacement program.
- In 2019, the Lake in the Hills Airport was named the IDOT Reliever Airport of the Year.